The St. Eustatius Telephone Company is seeking a Network Operation “(NO)” Manager.
- Planning and implementing outside plant infrastructures (Copper, Fiber and Aerial)
- Successfully manage all assigned projects and meet corporate, customer and property owner expectations (e.g., railroad rights of way).
- Implement and monitor reporting methods for multiple contractors and vendors.
- Provide effective problem resolutions to facilitate faster project deliveries and improved working relationships between the client/customer and field team.
- Troubleshoot, negotiate and mediate client or subcontractor problems or complaints that arise at site level.
- Ensure consistent and continuous compliance by all employees and vendors with safety and regulatory requirements, standards and protocols.
- Oversee and coordinate with assigned project managers statements of work and bid packages for construction of networks projects. Ensure accurate and timely submittal of projected cost to- complete for monthly work in progress reports.
- Minimize construction costs without compromising safety, system quality or operational impact.
- Ensure proper use of capital expenditures by ensuring adherence to Allied Fiber’s design standards and ensuring compliance with installation contractors.
- Evaluate new product methods and techniques to achieve maximum cost savings while maintaining operational goals.
- Proactively pursue carrier development opportunities by utilizing online training resources and attending seminars offered by technical training and equipment vendors
- Prepare reports and presentations describing activity, project status and presentations for management meetings and business reviews Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- S. degree in engineering or equivalent training with 5 or more year’s technical experience in design and management of communications networks and colocation facilities.
- Must have a working knowledge of various communications systems and architectures including fiber optic network topology, modular building construction experience, underground and overhead construction techniques, permitting/franchise municipal requirements, and other industry standard system designs and equipment.
- MS Office experience – working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel, Project.
- Positive attitude, leadership qualities, well organized, dependable, and excellent listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in planning and implementing outside plant infrastructures (Copper, Fiber and Aerial)
- Knowledgeable/Experienced of the various ITU and Dutch Telecom laws/standards.
- Knowledgeable/Experiences in the various Telecom standards and technologies e.g VOIP, SIP, SS7, E1, T1 and its implementation.
- Experience with telecom equipment e.g. Metaswitch, Adtran, Zhone, Calix etc.
Interested persons please forward your applications in writing to:
St. Eustatius Telephone Company (Eutel N.V.)
Human Resource Department
Vantonningen weg z/n
St. Eustatius, N.A.
Tel: 318-2400, Fax: 318-2202
All Applications should be submitted no later than June 15th 2016